Welcome to The Hollinger House Bed & Breakfast!
From the moment you enter our Bed & Breakfast, Brandy & Theodore make it their mission to make you feel at home. You’ll be greeted with a smile, fresh baked cookies, and a glass of relaxing red wine. Built in 1870 by the Hollinger family, the home is furnished in local artwork and period furniture with all the modern comforts and conveniences you expect in a home away from home. Every room features unique décor, treats and splashes of character that make the home a joy to explore.
Your bedroom is not your only quarter when you stay with us. We offer our entire first floor as a common area for guests to stretch out and unwind. It features a library, complete with a ceiling mural by Lancaster’s own extraordinary talent, Freiman Stoltzfus, as well as a grand living room with period furniture and a baby grand piano, plus a game & TV room outfitted with board games and films. When you want to experience the vibrant nature that Lancaster County has to offer, you can step right outside our front door and on to six acres of manicured land dotted with bright gardens, an Amish-made gazebo and a peaceful stream nestled among lush trees.
Each morning you will be treated to a two-course gourmet breakfast featuring the finest seasonal produce from nearby Amish farms and our own vegetable garden, as well as local meats and dairy. Our breakfast begins with a locally made lemon yogurt topped with fresh fruit and our homemade granola. Our main dishes are created in house, and we’re always coming up with new ways to satisfy every appetite and are happy to accommodate dietary restrictions. Some staples include Eggs Benedict with a Spicy Hollandaise Sauce, French Toast stuffed with local Strawberries & Mint, as well as Crustless Quiche filled with zucchini, bell pepper, tomato, chive & basil all grown on site.
The Hollinger House B&B is the perfect centerpiece for your trip to beautiful Lancaster County, PA. Historic Lancaster City, with its revitalized shops, eateries, art galleries & theatre is only a few short minutes away. Amish country, outlet shopping, major entertainment venues, antique shops, beautiful parks and nature centers, as well as the charming small towns the county is known for are all short drives from The Hollinger House B&B. Your innkeepers, Brandy and Theodore, are eager to help with maps, brochures and recommendations to help you get the most out of your time here.
When you stay at The Hollinger House, your visit to Lancaster County is one you’ll treasure!
Lancaster News & Stories From the Hollinger House Bed & Breakfast
- Victorian Christmas Tea at The Hollinger House - What better time than during the sweltering heat of summer to look forward to the heartwarming holiday season! There’s nothing we love better than decking the halls, lighting the Christmas trees and enjoying delicious homemade meals with our loved ones over that magical season. And we’d love to share that magic with you! So this … Continue reading "Victorian Christmas Tea at The Hollinger House"
- Events At The Hollinger House - At The Hollinger House, our goal is to make you feel at home. Whether that’s for an overnight stay or a special event, we’re here to accommodate your needs. Your time with us will be a time to remember! Full House Gatherings Some of our most memorable and special occasions have been with groups of … Continue reading "Events At The Hollinger House"
- Summer in Lancaster- Baseball, Barbecues & Blues - The official beginning of summer is only a week away, and we are so excited to share some of our favorite summer traditions with you! This year, we’re offering new ways for our guests to get the most out of summer in Lancaster County. BBQ@HH Wednesdays beginning July 4, 2018 we will be hosting Summer … Continue reading "Summer in Lancaster- Baseball, Barbecues & Blues"
- Downtown Lancaster is the new Brooklyn - Little Brooklyn If you spend any amount of time wandering downtown Lancaster, it’s no secret that locals love Lancaster. And it seems like the love just keeps spreading! Lancaster County saw 8 million visitors in 2014 and has only seen growth since. But what makes our little slice of Amish country so special? And what … Continue reading "Downtown Lancaster is the new Brooklyn"
- Yoga Retreat at The Hollinger House - “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha We’re all about living your best life, which is why we’re here for you when you need some peace and restoration. It’s also why we’re excited to announce our partnership with Neida from Journey To Yoga to offer … Continue reading "Yoga Retreat at The Hollinger House"